Sometimes the simplest things are the best. This recipe requires just 20 minutes from start to finish and it results in a deliciously crisp and satisfying salad. It’s a mix of fresh veggies, sweet and tangy pomegranate arils, creamy avocado and a sweet and creamy maple/tahini dressing. Perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish.
This salad is fast and simple to make, creamy, crispy, fresh, sweet, tangy and reminiscent of summer…It’s a nice change up from the heartier winter foods.
Plus it’s practically a gold mine of immune boosting ingredients to keep you healthy at a time of year when so many people are sick! It’s full of vitamins, antioxidants and healthy fats!
Baby Spinach Salad With Sweet Tahini Dressing
Makes 2 large salads
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 2 leaves of green swiss chard, chopped (or more spinach)
- 1 avocado cut into salad sized pieces.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a medium sized beet, peeled and grated
- seeds from 1/4 of a large pomegranate (or more to taste)
- handful of cashews and walnuts
Sweet Tahini Dressing (inspired by Kathy Patalskys Maple Tahini Dressing)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 4-5 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- generous pinch of black pepper
- To make the dressing, mix all ingredients in a small cup or bowl. Use a fork and whisk until everything is well mixed and creamy
- Wash and dry the spinach well and then mix in a bowl with all other salad ingredients
- stir in the dressing and transfer salad to two bowls.
- Top with extra pomegranate seeds and nuts