- Cook the oats.
- Stir together the 4 ingredient streusel and pan fry it while the oats are cooking.
- Stir all other ingredients into the oats and sprinkle the streusel on top.
Blueberry Pie Oatmeal with Toasted Vanilla Streusel Topping
Thick, creamy blueberry studded oatmeal with a sweet and crunchy vanilla streusel topping.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 1 large or 2 small bowls
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½-1 tbsp maple syrup depending on desired sweetness
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp acai powder (optional for a more purple colour)
- ¼ cup oats ground into flour + 1 heaping tbsp oats not ground
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp ground vanilla
- Place oats and almond milk in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat untl the mixture thickens. If the oats look cooked but the mixture is still milky you can add more oats by the spoonful until you get your desired texture.
- While the oats are cooking make the streusel. In a small cup, mix oat flour, vanilla and maple syrup. Cut in the coconut oil with a fork. Then stir in the extra oats. Crumble the mixture into a small frying pan with no oil and cook over medium heat, stirring often for 6-7 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy.
- Once oats are cooked, reduce heat to low and add mashed banana, chia seeds, ground vanilla, half the blueberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and acai if using. Mash the blueberries a little with a fork.
- Mix and spoon into one or two bowls.
- Top with the rest of the blueberries and streusel.