With lots of maple flavour and hints of cinnamon, these doughnuts are a perfect way to start the fall. They’re soft, sweet and full of flavour. Plus. they’re vegan, gluten free and only take 10 minutes to prep! They’re so easy and so delicious.
I love having them for a morning or afternoon snack with a chai tea latte.
These are naturally sweetened with maple syrup and for the frosting, I topped them with a generous spread of maple butter (it’s so good!). If you can’t get maple butter, you can using any icing of your choice!
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats ground into flour
- 1.5 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- maple butter for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- mix milk, apple cider vinegar, syrup, and oil in a medium bowl.
- In a mixer, mix oats into a fine flour, then add arrowroot starch, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix again on low.
- Pour dry mixture into wet and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour evenly into a doughnut pan
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Take the doughnuts out of the tray and place them on a cooling rack. If using maple butter for the frosting, spread it on the doughnuts right away. It's easier to spread when they're hot, and once it cools, it hardens.