This has recently become my favourite breakfast bowl. It’s super filling, delicious, loaded with good for you stuff and really easy to make!
A couple of months ago I was in Australia, and the inspiration for this bowl came from the amazing breakfasts in Melbourne. Tucked away in quaint, narrow alleyways, there were cafes everywhere, and the breakfast options were endless.
The coffee there is amazing and there were so many amazing sounding vegan breakfast options that it was hard to choose. Everything from avocado toast with black beans and pan fried mushrooms to vegan panna cotta, acai bowls, homemade granolas and chia puddings. Everything was so delicious and always so beautifully presented.
One combo that I loved was chia pudding with coconut yogurt and granola. It’s pretty simple, but so good and such a filling breakfast. You can make the chia pudding the night before (it only takes 5 minutes) so that all you have to do in the morning is add the toppings.
This recipe is really simple! The chia pudding can be made the morning of, or the night before to save a bit of time. Once the chia pudding has firmed up in the bowl, just add coconut yogurt, your favourite granola (I used this cinnamon roll granola), fruit and nut butter. I used strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate, banana and passionfruit, but any combo will work! For the nut butter I went with peanut butter.
- -----For the chia pudding-----
- ¾ cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- optional 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- ¼-1/2 cup of your favourite granola
- your favourite fruit - I used blueberries, strawberries, some pomegranate seeds, a few slices of banana, and half a passionfruit
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- a couple of mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- drizzle of maple syrup (optional)
- Put almond milk in a cereal bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Whisk with a fork until they are evenly dispersed. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then add cinnamon, coconut and maple syrup (if using) and whisk again, It firms up pretty quickly, but for best results and a really thick pudding, cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Add the coconut yogurt and top with granola, fruit and peanut butter. Garnish with mint leaves and a drizzle with maple syrup if desired!