These doughnuts are so deliciously addictive. A soft, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate doughtnut glazed with creamy chocolate and topped with a rainbow of sprinkles.
- are vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free
- only take 10 minutes to prepare and 15-20 minutes to bake!
- are high in fiber and also have protein and healthy fats
They’re perfectly sweet, soft and chocolatey and sure to satisfy any doughnut cravings!
- ½ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats ground into flour
- 1.5 tsp tapioca starch
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 50 g vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tsp maple syrup (adjust depending on how sweet your chocolate is. I used 92% so it was pretty bitter)
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a doughnut pan with coconut oil
- Mix almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl mix the rest of the doughnut ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread evenly into the doughnut pan and bake for 15 minutes or until doughnuts are cooked through (test with a skewer)
- While the doughnuts are cooking, make the glaze: In a double boiler (or just use a glass placed in a small pot of water) melt the chocolate. Once melted, stir in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Glaze the doughnuts once they're cool and top with sprinkles, nuts, coconut or topping of your choice.