These one bowl, chocolate peanut butter cereal bars only take 10-15 minutes of prep work and are stored in the freezer for easy snacking throughout the week. They’re delicious and incredibly easy to make! Plus gluten free, dairy free, no-bake, and full of chocolate + peanut butter flavour.
If you don’t have popped quinoa, you could probably substitute any other puffed cereal like rice or amaranth, but I haven’t tried it.
If you get a chance to try this, let me know by tagging it #peacemealxo on instagram!
- ´-----The base------
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt if your peanut butter isn't salted
- 3 cups popped quinoa cereal (any puffed cereal would probably work)
- -----The chocolate topping-----
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Line a square or rectangular pan with parchment paper (I used a 9x13 pan)
- Make the base- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and salt if using. Stir together with a fork until evenly mixed. Add popped quinoa and stir together until it's all coated.
- Spoon the mixture into your parchment lined pan, and press it down firmly so that it's flat and evenly spread in the pan.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, make the chocolate topping- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it has melted, add the maple syrup and stir. Then add cocoa powder and stir until evenly mixed. Slowy add the almond milk, a couple of tablespoons at a time, stirring in between. Immediately pour onto the quinoa mixture and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly so that the whole surface is covered.
- Store in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- Slice into bars or small squares, and store in a covered container in the freezer.