This 5 ingredient mojito is the perfect, thirst quenching and refreshing drink for hot summer weather. It’s made using simple ingredients, and can be made with or without alcohol and with or without sweetener.
Refreshing mint, tangy lime, and sweet agave make this the perfect summer drink for picnics, bbq’s, backyard parties or any outdoor events. Omit the rum for a refreshing drink that you can enjoy any day of the week.
This would make a delicious happy hour drink! Enjoy on a Friday after work or a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with happy hour style snacks like tortilla chips, guacamole, dips, a cheeseball or a cheese log.
If you get a chance to try this, let me know by taking a picture and tagging it #peacemealxo on instagram!
- 1 lime cut in half (half for juice and half cut into wedges to muddle)
- up to 1 tbsp agave (optional)
- 10 large mint leaves
- 1 shot of white rum (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
- sparkling water to top up the glass (I used about ¾ cup)
- Cut lime in half. Squeeze the juice of one half into a glass.
- Cut the rind off the other half and cut the lime into 4 pieces. Place them in the glass with the lime juice.
- Add agave - I'd start with half a teaspoon and adjust the sweetness at the end. It's good without any sweetener too, but add depending on your taste.
- Add the shot of rum and then muddle. I used a pestle from a mortar and pestle.
- Add the ice and top with sparkling water and a sprig of mint to garnish.