This Christmassy fudge flavour, with it’s flecks of red and green, is a perfect treat for the holiday season. Whether stored in the fridge and munched on casually at home, taken to holiday parties or wrapped up in a cookie tin and gifted to a friend it’s sure to impress any fudge lover.
It has the same texture as traditional fudge and a sweet, chocolatey flavour without the slew of dairy and refined sugar found in the original.
This fudge is….
Made with natural ingredients….the white chocolate flavour and creamy texture here comes from cacao butter and cashews while the sweetness comes from maple syrup.
Easy to make! It only takes about 10 minutes of hands on work and requires only a blender.
Creamy, fudgey and smooth
Generously studded with chopped cranberries and pistachios
If you don’t like cranberries but want to keep with the red and green Christmas theme then goji berries would make a good substitute. Or try it with pomegranate seeds to add a juicy crunch.
- 1 cup melted cacao butter
- 1 cup cashews soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- ½ cup cranberries, chopped (or use goji berries)
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- Soak cashews in boiling water for about 20 minutes to soften them.
- Line a shallow tupperware container with parchment paper.
- Melt the cacao butter using a double boiler or the microwave.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a blender or food processor along with the melted cacao butter, vanilla and the maple syrup
- Stir in most of the pistachios and cranberries, but reserve a handful of each to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the mixture into your container, smooth the top with a spoon or spatula and top with the rest of the pistachios and cranberries.
- Store in the fridge - or if you want it to set quickly, put it in the freezer for 15 minutes first