This is hands down my favourite cookie recipe and it’s a go-to when i’m craving something sweet and filling. It’s delicious, packed with superfoods like pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, walnuts, chia seeds and oats, and it’s so easy to customize.
These come together really quickly with only 10-15 minutes of prep work. All you have to do is stir together the dry ingredients, blend the wet, mix everything and bake. You can change up the mix-ins as long as you keep the measurements about the same. It’s a great way to make use of any leftover nuts, seeds or dried fruits that are hanging around.
These cookies pair perfectly with a glass of cold milk or a steamy latte or hot chocolate. Or for something more indulgent, spread your favourite frosting or ice cream in the middle and make a sandwich!
If you try these, don’t forget to snap a picture and tag #peacemealxo on instagram so I can see your creations!
- -----dry ingredients-----
- 1⅓ cup oat flour (rolled oats ground into flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- -----wet ingredients-----
- 3 tbsp chia seeds + ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large banana
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix chia seeds and water in a small cup, stir and let sit for a few minutes or until thickened.
- Mix all dry ingredients and mix-ins in a large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients (including chia+water mixture) in a blender, pour onto dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is combined and there's no visible flour left.
- You should have a thick, wet, chunky mixture that looks like it won't bake into cookies (but it will!) Place heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto your baking sheet so you get 12-15 cookies. Use a fork to flatten and shape the cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges.