This bread is life changing.
It’s gluten free, yeast free, flourless, vegan, no-rise, and only requires a blender and about 10 minutes to make. I never thought that a yeast-free, flour-free bread would end up being as soft and fluffy as this one, or that it would stay together so well when cut. I’ve experimented with a lot of gluten free bread recipes but usually they’re either too dense or too soft and crumbly. This one is perfect.
The base of this bread is nuts and seeds. Because of that, it’s high calorie, but it’s also high in protein and full of healthy fats, superfoods, and other good for you ingredients. It makes a great pre or post-workout power snack or a perfect breakfast or lunch to get you through the day.
This has been my go-to bread for lunch time avocado toast, and my favourite breakfast or post-run snack slathered with peanut butter and chia jam. And because it slices so well, it makes great sandwich bread too.
I hope you all get a chance to try this! Let me know if you do by tagging it #peacemealxo on instagram!
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 9 tbsp water
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cups almond milk
- ⅓ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Add 3 tbsp of the chia seeds to a small cup with the 9 tbsp of water. Mix and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pulse the almonds in a mixer or food processor until ground into a coarse meal. Add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, remaining chia seeds, oats, almond meal, and baking soda, and pulse again until it's all ground into a coarse meal.
- Add the chia +water mixture, almond milk, olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and salt and mix until well combined and you have a thick, sticky dough.
- Scrape it out into the loaf pan and use the back of a spoon dipped in hot water to smooth it out and spread it evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle extra seeds on top (I used flax, chia, sunflower and pumpkin seeds) and use a spoon to press them down.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until you can put a skewer in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let cool, then remove from the loaf pan.