This delicious pesto is quick to whip up, super flavourful and is a perfect addition to any pasta or pizza. And it couldn’t be easier to make. One bowl, 10 minutes, 6 ingredients.
Start by blending together a cup of fresh basil leaves.
Then add garlic, pine nuts, sea salt, cracked pepper, and oil.
Stir in some vegan parmesan cheese and you’ve got a delicious, thick, garlicky pesto that you can use right away or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Stir it into some pasta, use on pizza instead of tomato sauce, or use it as a dip or spread.
Garlicky Basil Pesto
Serves 2 generously
- 1 cup basil leaves (packed down)
- 2-5 cloves of garlic (Depending on how garlicky you like it)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- up to 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Toast the pine nuts in a small frying pan without oil for 5-7 minutes or until they start to brown. Stir them around every minute or so.
- Process the basil leaves in a food processor and then add the garlic, pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
- Mix again on low and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it’s your desired consistency
- Stir in more parmesan cheese if desired and season with salt and pepper
- Serve on pasta, pizza, sandwiches or as a dip