This salad is perfect for any healthy-eating related new years resolutions. It’s light and healthy while still being filling and satisfying enough to last you until your next meal. The base is green lentils and lambs lettuce (also known as corn salad) but any other soft-leaf green could be substituted. It’s topped with caramelized red onions, buttery avocado, a generous handful of seeds and my favourite balsamic vinaigrette.
This salad is perfect to make for weeknight meals. It’s fast and easy, especially if you have the lentils cooked beforehand. But even if you don’t it still comes together pretty quickly!
If you give this salad a try, tag a picture #peacemealxo on instagram…I’d love to see your creations!
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 2 cups lambs lettuce or other soft-leaf green
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 avocado
- ~1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- ~1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan and once hot add onions. Fry them over medium heat for about 5 minutes and then add the maple syrup. Stir and fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- While the onions are frying, mix all vinaigrette ingredients together until well combined
- Add everything to a large bowl, pour on the dressing and mix well.
- Divide between two bowls for an entree or 4 smaller bowls for a side salad.