This granola is insanely good….delicious clusters of crunchy oats, toasted pecans, almonds and seeds with cinnamon, nutmeg, maple and pumpkin flavour. Whether you eat it by the bowl with almond milk, sprinkle it on top of smoothie bowls, build your own parfait or eat fistfuls from the jar, this makes the perfect fall inspired breakfast or snack. It’s sweet and crunchy and loaded with clusters of good for you foods like pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and nuts.
The steps to make this are simple and it comes together so quickly. Only 15 minutes of hands on work and 25 minutes in the oven.
My favourite ways to eat this are with almond milk and topped with pomegranate and banana, or made into a parfait with yogurt and fruit. It’s also a great topping for smoothie bowls and oats.
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- ½ cup pecans (chopped or broken in half)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup + more if necessary
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl (from oats down to ginger).
- Mix coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree in a blender or mixer. Mix well, taste and adjust sweetness.
- Pour it over the dry ingredients and stir to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture on the two baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes, stirring it around once or twice. It should be golden brown when you take it out.
- Let the granola cool and then store in an airtight container.