fudgey, decadent and delicious
These brownies are a perfect snack to store in the freezer and pop out when you’re in need of a chocolate fix. And they can be thrown together in a short time and with basic ingredients that you probably already have.The steps are simple! You start by making a basic raw brownie base. All you have to do is blend together some…
and cocoa powder
Plus a pinch of vanilla and espresso for an extra flavour boost.
Once the brownie base is all pressed into the pan then you top it with a delicious, crunchy, gooey, sweet and salty peanut butter caramel sauce that only has 3 ingredients and only takes about 30 seconds to make. Then the caramel layer is topped with a rich chocolate sauce that hardens in the freezer. The best part is that the peanut butter and brownie layer don’t get too hard even though they’re stored in the freezer. So these squares are chewy, creamy, and crunchy all at once. The chocolate sauce only has 4 ingredients and takes about a minute to stir together.Store in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens slightly. Then slice and keep stored in the freezer to keep them fresh and keep the chocolate from melting.
Salted Peanut Butter Caramel Latte Brownies
Makes 16 brownies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla powder (or liquid vanilla)
- 1/2 tbsp espresso powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1.5 cups chopped dates
- 1/4 cup hot water
Peanut Butter Layer
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (if not salted then add a pinch of salt)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Line a 9′ square pan with parchment paper
- Make the brownie base : In a blender, or with a hand mixer, blend the rolled oats until they resemble flour. Add the vanilla powder, espresso and cocoa and mix with a spoon until well combined. Add the walnuts, dates and hot water (make sure that the walnuts and dates are chopped. Especially if you aren’t using a high speed blender). Mix/blend until everything is well combined and you have a thick, sticky mixture. Add a little more hot water if needed.
- Press the mixture into the pan. Once it’s all pressed in, use the back of a spoon dipped in hot water to spread it around evenly.
- Make the peanut butter layer: Mix all 3 ingredients until well combined and pour evenly over the brownie.
- Make the chocolate topping: Stir all 4 ingredients together until well combined and pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Slice into 16 squares and keep stored in the freezer.