This is a fast and easy way to add some flavour to a bowl of brown rice, and it works really well with other grains too.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for the pan and some to drizzle
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the brown rice in a small saucepan.
- Chop the onion and sauté in a frying pan in 1 tbsp of olive oil until soft
- Mix the chili powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, and cumin into the tomato paste in a small bowl.
- Once the rice is cooked add the onion, and spiced tomato paste straight to the pot and stir everything together. Put into bowls, drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.