This light and refreshing quinoa salad is a perfect mixture of sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy; with buttery avocado, juicy pomegranate arils, sweet corn, peppery arugula and protein packed quinoa and kidney beans.
It would be great as lunch or dinner, or as a healthy side dish at picnics, bbqs or parties.
It’s packed full of healthy ingredients and only takes about 20 minutes to make. You can eat it right away while the quinoa is still hot, but I think it’s best served cold. It makes a great make-ahead dish and keeps well in the fridge for for 4-5 days.
I hope you get a chance to try this recipe! Tag it #peacemealxo on instagram if you do!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 1 standard can kidney beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 large avocado chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Juice + zest from one large lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp cumin
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large salad bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad.
- Mix and let cool. Best to serve cold, after refrigerating for at least one hour.