Stracciatella Ice Cream Cheesecake Squares – a thin, raw gooey brownie base topped with a creamy concoction of cashews, lime juice, coconut milk and maple syrup, a generous stir in of chocolate chips and a melted drizzle of warm chocolate sauce. These little squares taste amazing!
They have a texture similar to ice cream and a taste like Italian stracciatella ….i.e.. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips and melted chocolate sauce swirled in to create ribbon of crunchy chocolate throughout.
What do they taste like? Kind of like an ice cream sandwich but instead of plain vanilla ice cream you’ve got chocolate chip. They are perfectly sweet, chocolatey, chewy, and creamy…
And they’re so easy to make!!! In no time at all you’ll have these whipped up and ready to dig into.
To make these you only need 1 pan, 1 mixer bowl, a spoon and 11 ingredients. Simply mix the ingredients for the brownie and press them into the bottom of a pan. Then mix the ingredients for the Stracciatella, stir in the chocolate chips and pour it over top. Put it in the freezer for half an hour to set and then they’re ready to eat.
Stracciatella Ice Cream Cheesecake Squares
Makes 1 9″ pan (~ 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup (~16) soft dates, chopped into small pieces
- 1/8 cup cacao
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for an hour or more in boiling water)
- juice from 1/2 a lime (or lemon would also work)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (I use the thick cream that forms on top of a can of coconut cream or milk. You could also use regular coconut milk but it won’t be as creamy)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup + more to taste
- 1 tsp ground vanilla (or liquid)
- ~1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate chunks (I used a naturally sweetened dark chocolate bar but chocolate chips or any other chopped chocolate bar would also work)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- Line a 9″ pan with parchment paper
- In a mixer, mix oats until they are ground and have a flour like consistency. Next, add cashews and mix until they are well ground. Add all other ingredients for the brownie base and mix until you have a thick sticky mixture and everything is well combined. It’s ok if there are still some chunks in it. As long as it’s sticky enough to hold together!
- Press the brownie mixture into the pan. Dip a large spoon into a glass of hot water and then use the back of the spoon to spread the brownie mixture around the pan evenly. Once it starts to stick to the spoon, then dip it in water again. This step can take a few minutes since the mixture is pretty sticky and thick.
- Rinse the mixer bowl and then mix all ingredients for the stracciatella filling (except the chocolate chunks/chips)
- Now is the time to taste it and add more maple syrup if you’d like it a bit sweeter
- Stir in the chocolate chunks
- Pour 1/2 the mixture over top of the brownie base and spread it around evenly
- To make the chocolate swirl, stir the 3 ingredients together in a small cup or bowl. When it’s well mixed, drizzle it over the 1/2 stracciatella mixture in the pan
- Pour the other 1/2 of the stracciatella on top.
- Top with extra chocolate chips/chunks and some shaved chocolate if desired
- Store in the freezer! It should be set and ready to have the first piece after ~30 minutes.