There’s no better way to start the day than with a delicious and indulgent breakfast…And breakfast food is the best! There are so many options, both sweet and savoury. Fruit salad, smoothies, french toast, pancakes, muesli, breakfast sandwiches….. the choices are endless. This recipe is a super healthy, and delicious bowl of oats smothered in a rich, bold chocolate sauce and full of fruit, nuts, and healthy fats.
This oat bowl is a perfect excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast! It’s packed full of nutrients and super healthy foods….whole grain oats mixed with strawberries and banana, hazelnuts and flax seeds.
…And with coconut oil and organic cacao, even the chocolate sauce is healthy enough to eat every day!
Strawberry and Dark Chocolate Breakfast Bowl
for 2 portions
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 cups almond milk, other milk or water
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- handful of hazelnuts or other nut, chopped
- 10 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the oats in water or milk until they have absorbed all of the water (about 5 minutes)
- While the oats are cooking, mash your banana with the back side of a fork in a small bowl
- Mix all three ingredients for the chocolate sauce and stir well.
- Once the oats are cooked, add the mashed banana, flax seeds, cinnamon, chopped nuts and chopped strawberries
- Put into bowls and drizzle the chocolate sauce on top