This fruit salad screams summer. Pack it for the beach, take it to a backyard bbq, serve it to guests on the patio, or just enjoy it on your own.
It’s packed with tropical summer flavours like watermelon, blueberry, passionfruit, and fresh mint, and it’s surprisingly delicious for something that comes together so quickly!
This salad only takes about 10 minutes to throw together, making it the perfect dessert to take along to summer parties. It’s easy to pack, incredibly light and refreshing, and perfect for hot days when you want to forgo the heavier desserts in favour of something light and fresh.
For a casual get together, you can toss this together in a large mixing bowl, and let people serve themselves. But if you want to take it up a notch from poolside bbq to something a little fancier, try serving it in individual cups, and topping each serving with coconut or soy whip. It looks cute and the whipped cream adds delicious sweetness and a gourmet touch.
This can be served either as an appetizer, side salad, or dessert.
Serve with fruit filled sangia, a glass of cold rosé, or iced tea.
- ½ cup roughly chopped, toasted pecans
- 4 cups chopped watermelon (in cubes)
- 2 passionfruits
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chop or roughly break pecans and toast in a frying pan (without oil) over medium-high heat tossing around frequently for 4-5 minutes, or until they start to brown. Set aside.
- Cut watermelon into bite-sized cubes and put in a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add the inside of two passionfruits, blueberries, mint and toasted pecans.
- Squeeze the lime over top and mix together well.
- You can serve right away or chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, but I don't recommend making it the day before. It tastes best fresh!