This soothing drink is perfect to wake you up on an early morning, relax with on morning break, or lazily curl up with on Saturdays
All you need is:
a dash of cinnamon
a pinch of vanilla
a little pour of maple syrup
1/2 a lemon
This tea requires just 1 bowl, 1 spoon and 7 ingredients
It can be made in under 10 minutes
It’s warm, flavourful and soothing, and full of health benefits to boot.
Citrusy Ginger and Turmeric Tea
Makes 2 large cups
- 1 tbsp peeled and chopped fresh turmeric (about 1 small piece of turmeric)
- 1 tbsp peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup + more to taste if desired
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground vanilla
- Cut and peel the turmeric and ginger and chop it into small pieces
- Fill a medium sized pot with the 4 cups of water and add lemon juice, chopped ginger and turmeric, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add more maple syrup if desired. Pour into 2 cups