This cool, frosty drink is the perfect pick-me-up on a hot summer day. It’s cold and refreshing, frothy, and perfectly sweet. Plus it’s packed with a double shot of espresso to get you through those afternoon slumps.
Add some whipped cream on top, a sprinkle of ground vanilla or cinnamon, and you’ve got yourself a first class, coffee shop style beverage.
With just four ingredients (plus ice), this iced coffee is super easy to make and you can adjust the caffeine level and the sweetness to your taste.
The espresso has to chill for 30-60 minutes beforehand, but other than that, this drink only takes a couple of minutes to blend up.
- ¾ cup espresso or strongly brewed coffee (chilled for 30-60 minutes in the freezer)
- 1 cup cold almond milk
- ½ tsp ground vanilla (or liquid vanilla)
- 3-4 soft dates
- 5 ice cubes + more for the glasses
- Optional -soy or coconut whipped cream, and ground vanilla or cinnamon to top
- Brew espresso or coffee and put it in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to chill before blending
- Once chilled, mix espresso, almond milk, vanilla, dates and ice cubes in a blender until well mixed. I like to start with 2 or 3 dates, and add more after blending if needed.
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes and pour coffee over them. Top with whipped cream and a pinch of vanilla or cinnamon. Put a straw in and enjoy!