These super simple, 9 ingredient, 15 minute blueberry buttermilk pancakes need to be added to your weekend brunch menu.
Light & Fluffy
Generously studded with blueberries
and packed with fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats, these make the perfect addition to a cozy, lazy Sunday morning brunch spread.
They’re also vegan, gluten free, and naturally sweetened with banana and maple syrup.
These pancakes are so fast and easy….Simple enough to make during the week and amp-up your week day breakfast routine, but decadent enough to serve with freshly sliced fruit and whipped cream for an indulgent Sunday brunch.
You only need 9 basic ingredients, a blender, a frying pan and a spoon or ladle. Plus only about 5 minutes of hands-on prep.
with a side of freshly sliced fruit. Strawberries, raspberries or banana work well
with a generous pour of maple syrup.
topped with extra blueberries or a spoonful of homemade blueberry jam
with a giant dollop of whipped cream
and with a frothy coffee, tea, or freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 1¼ cups almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1 large banana
- 1 tsp ground or liquid vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. It's important to do this first so that the pan is really hot when you start to cook the pancakes.
- Add all ingredients (except the blueberries) to a blender, and blend until you have a smooth, pourable batter.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Ladle the batter into the frying pan to make pancakes of your desired size. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until they start to brown and bubble around the edges.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit